|Full Name||David Bartholomew Sawyer|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California (Collins-Sawyer Residence)|
|Family|| Frances Sawyer (mother)|
Marty Sawyer (father)
Bryan Collins (husband)
Saywer Collins (son)
|Relationships||Bryan Collins (husband)|
|Friends|| Bryan Collins|
|Enemies|| Jane Forrest (sometimes)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Education|| College in New York (graduated)|
University of California, Los Angeles (medical school; graduated)
|Vulnerabilities||Being ready for fatherhood|
|Nicknames|| Honey, Baby, Sweetie, Eeyore, Drunky, The Blessed One Himself (Bryan) |
Punk-ass Doctor (Jason)
My Beautiful Boy (Frances)
David Bartholomew Sawyer is a main character on the TV show The New Normal and the husband of Bryan Collins. He is the biological father of their first child. He is also a gynecologist.. He and Bryan end up having 4 children, three off screen.
He is portrayed by Justin Bartha.
David is first seen watching a football game, when Bryan tells him that he wants to have a baby. At first David doesn't know if they're ready because they wont be a normal family, but after they see a bunch of abnormal families in the park, Bryan explains to David that they are "The New Normal". They then find a woman to be the egg donor, but get blackmailed by their surrogate, Melissa, who turns out not to be pregnant. They later decide to chose Goldie as their new surrogate and Bryan lets David be the biological father. As they go to get implant the embryo in Goldie, David starts questioning his ability to be a father. However, Goldie re-assures him. In the end he and Bryan buy her a lawyer suit and wait to see if she's pregnant.
Main Article: Bryan-David Relationship
- He was head of the mathletes team in High School. (Pilot)
- Appears to be a dog person.
- He is very big on eating healthy and often forces others to do the same. (Obama Mama)
- Seems to drink a lot in unsavory/stressful situations.
- Bryan claims he is superstitious. (Obama Mama)
- According to Freddie, he sucks at basketball. (Sofa's Choice)
- He has a close relationship with his mother. (Nanagasm)
- Started reading People Magazine because of Bryan. (Bryanzilla)
- Doesn't believe in getting married until everyone can. (Bryanzilla)
- He is an atheist, though he was raised Jewish. (The Godparent Trap)
- Hates when the wristband on his watch gets stuck to his arm hair. (The Godparent Trap)
- He went to college in New York. (The Godparent Trap)
- Attended UCLA for medical school. (The Godparent Trap)
- He plays Fantasy Football. (Pardon Me)
- He was originally named David Murray.
Main Article: David's Quotations
|Bryan • David • Goldie • Jane • Clay • Rocky • Shania|